Friday, January 13, 2012

Ahh Craigslist...

Browsing online to hopefully find myself a subletter before we head out on February 1st. Using my usual vein of Craigslist and having my usual myriad interesting responses.

The worst ones are the ones that are incredibly verbose but still not quite right. If you read it to yourself as if speaking, you instantly notice something wrong. Colloquialisms are off and usually misplaced.

Example from today:

"Hi,

    Thank you very much for the response but before we move forward,i will like you to know the full information about me. I was born and raised in Wyoming,i am  quiet and easy going person to live with. I'm 26 years of age... I am extremely clean,quiet and respectful, I am sensitive, intelligent  and am easy to get on with. ..I am a faithful and committed person, who is very considerate of other people's feelings. I don't  drug and i dont smoke or drink.. I enjoy going out with my friends to movies, plays, parks, hikes, anything to do with the ocean and horses but i'm cool living with people."

It goes on much like this for a while. I had only emailed him "Hey, I have a posting I think might work well for you! Give it a look" and the link....

Weird right?

Today's packing mostly involved a trip to Target to get a big ol' CD envelope to condense our joint movies into. Last night cleared out the kitchen, nothing in there is now mine. That is the weirdest feeling, I'm used to practically running the kitchen and having everything in there be mine.

Condensing everything and playing the "do we NEED this?" game is once again a challenge. Fortunately, Amanda is just an absolute joy to have on this process. She's usually the voice of reason to my frantic pace and has recently discovered she has the power to know exactly what I want sometimes right before I know. I was a bit overwhelmed by clearing out the kitchen and she took me on a walk. This is a huge thing for me, I have to move a lot and get outside (not unlike some domesticated animals I guess) or else I get cramped and grumpy. A 30 minute walk around the block battling the newly-fallen snow was exactly what I needed before resigning myself to West Wing and then bed. What a gal....

So now the girls are practicing downstairs with the new wireless mic we bought yesterday and I'm probably going out to dinner with them soon. Unless they've left without me..

No comments:

Post a Comment