Sunday, January 1, 2012

Day one, post one!

Well, we're looking at a new year. Here is is, January 1st of 2012.

I have recently scrapped my aspirations at a Chicago theatre company for an amazing opportunity. I will be heading out on the road in a 1978 Georgie Boy RV with my lovely girlfriend Amanda. We have been together for several months following the most recent season at Bristol Renaissance Festival and part of our connection is our mutual goals.

To this end, we have joined The Seelie Players (www.theseelieplayers.com), myself as Production Stage Manager and Amanda as Assistant Director. The company is a performance art troupe with six talented performers. We do statues, living dolls, elementals (fairy-like creatures) and are developing our first stage show that is sure to take the circuit by storm.


Working with TSP is a great way to take my degree-honed skills (Theatre Arts with an emphasis in Arts Management) and still have an adventure!

A lot of you probably already know this, but I figured day one should at least have a bit of backstory (I consider myself by no means an author, this is the first kind of thing like this I am doing).

In January, the name of the game is preparation! I am going to begin packing, finding a subletter and getting Appa ready. Appa is our RV, hats off to you Last Airbender fans...it's a piece of work. There's a lot of work to get done on it primarily in electric wiring and making sure the thing runs. It already drove a considerable distance and did a great job! The inside was meticulously cared for by its previous owners, we owe so much to them.

So it's time to finish up this episode of The West Wing (new obsession, an amazingly-written show!) and prepare for Pinkalicious downtown tomorrow morning (I'm the ASM for three more shows and then will be completely unemployed for a month!)

So goodnight and heeeeeere we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment