Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I'm in a hurry...

Driving home from St. Louis yesterday, I heard an old Alabama song I hadn't heard in years. "I'm in a Hurry" was one of my favorite songs (I think Heather played it all the time while I was growing up) and I know I used to sing it all the time.

It was my first dose of realization that sometimes you take a step back and realize that you're rushing around and around at such a high pace and sometimes you just wonder why. Singing along with it in my car again literally brought a tear to my eye as I realized that I'm no longer the little boy belted in the backseat of a black Mazda van on my way to school/soccer/karate/piano, but a grown-up boy who still wants to sing his nuts off when a song hits him just right.

Here's a link for you, give it a listen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6slibTD9MF0

Ok, sappy memory over. Back to purchasing license plates for Appa, loading up the storage pod my loving parents lovingly donated to our cause, getting an oil change for Optimus Prius, checking in with the RV engine repair place, setting up an appointment for RV windshield, cleaning the apartment, finding a subletter, selling a computer I don't need, packing, driving to Oostburg tonight, and finishing this meatball sub that's looking at me so tenderly.

I'm in a hurry and know EXACTLY why.....

No comments:

Post a Comment